Thursday, September 6, 2012

Oh God, my suitcase is too big and other worries

Well, I cleaned my house, just fyi. Now the thing I am obsessing about is my suitcase. It is rather large. It does not flaunt the rules of size for the airlines, but it is still awfully big. If I knew how to take a picture of it and upload (or is it download?) it to this blog I would show you and you would agree.  But I am going to be in England for a month. There is stuff to consider. And shoes. The suitcase is bright pink, which is also ridiculous. I am, right now, visualizing rolling this behemoth through the tube system. I am sure all the cool Londoners (or the Londish, as one of my students calls them) will know I am a foolish American. Okay, Laur, breathe. I will gain strength and tenacity hauling my giant pink luggage along. Everything is a metaphor, isn't it? After 45 years of living, I am bound to be carting around some junk, some of it ridiculous and some of it screaming pink for all the world to see and laugh at. Hey, I am feeling better about this. The world needs clowns!

No comments:

Post a Comment