Friday, April 26, 2013

Let them eat cake!

Because that is what we do in America when something is born. It's an excuse to be decadent. The more icing the better.
And when a book is born, I suppose cake with all that icing really is appropriate. Writing is a sweet gift in and of itself. It bestows personal, private blessings upon the writer; she grows by digging through layers for meaning and insight and consciousness. Writing is one way to do that kind of soul work. When something a writer writes gets published...that is delicious icing on the cake, for sure.

Welcome to the world, OCD, THE DUDE, AND ME! I wish you a meaningful life and promise to support you however I can from here. (I got you a cake. What else do you want? I'm kidding. You are young; sarcasm may not be appropriate yet.) Thank you for all you taught me while I was writing you.

We (the book and I) are grateful to all who have supported us thus far. We have the coolest people in our lives. Bless you. We also thank everyone who gets the book and gives her a read. We are super grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment